Big changes are gathering pace as the telecoms industry ditches its expensive and unwieldy legacy infrastructure to take full advantage of the tremendous benefits of cloud-based telephony or VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol).
In 2020 BT will begin phasing out its old-style landlines and will then switch them off altogether in 2025. So, if you’re one of the millions of UK organisations now’s the time to make the move to the cloud.
Even without the news from BT, the advantages of VoIP telephony are so game-changing for SMEs. VoIP allows you to make voice and video calls anywhere in the world, from any device – all you need is an internet connection.
With VoIP you’ll get:
- significant reductions in business phone line and contract bills
- next generation technology that’s simple to transition to and easy to use and maintain
- flexibility to use your own devices, keep the same number across all devices, add and remove users at speed and work from any location
- access to the latest versions, updates and mobile working features
- integration with your other business systems
- a great phone system to boost productivity and agility, without ANY capital investment
The only things you need to do is check your current contract (don’t accidentally fall into renewal) and then find a qualified supplier with VoIP experience preferably one that doesn’t tie you in for any length of time, so you can easily change if your provider doesn’t deliver the service you need.
The PC Support Group has been providing VoIP services for the last few years to both existing and new customers across the North West. Please feel free to contact them here to discuss your options.